GLEE is back on its 4th season!

Monday, September 17, 2012 0 comments
       I'm a big fan of Glee from the very start! Hello to my fellow gleeks out there! I do make it a point to watch or catch up on their episodes, no matter what.  I have no talent in singing, dancing and acting but I do appreciate them so much. The entertainment they are able to give us, with so much art and passion is just remarkable. Not to mention the different issues they tackle every episode. 

          For those who does not know: (Source: Wikipedia)

Glee is an American musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox in the United States. It focuses on the high school glee club New Directions competing on the show choir competition circuit, while its members deal with relationships, sexuality and social issues.

          While watching past episodes of glee season 3, I thought of how would the future episodes be like, without the cast we learned to love. Glee without Rachel's amazing voice and accompanying issues, Kurt's femininity, Santana's bullying, Mike's moves, etc? I really thought that another set of cast would replace the graduates in the fourth season, but luckily they're still on glee! (Season 4 cast picture below). But, where's Sebastian Smythe played by Grant Gustin (he's really good looking!), I hope he would still be in some of the episode along with the New Dalton Academy Warblers.



         Just to share, here are my favorites in the cast (top three) and my favorite performance of them (those that I can remember! haha) :

Harry Shum Jr. as "Mike Chang"
I super love his moves, looks and in fairness he does have a good singing voice as well. 

Favorite performance: Singin' in the Rain Episode Make 'Em Laugh (with Mr. Schue)
if that doesn't count, since he did not actually sing there, 
I'd choose his west side story audition: Cool (with McKinley High's football team)


Chris Colfer as "Kurt Hummel"
I super love his/her artistic side, feminine personality, intelligence and voice, of course!

Favorite performance: Rose's Turn 
and Defying Gravity (with Rachel)


and on the top is

Naya Rivera as "Santana Lopez"
I super love her voice, her strong personality and her now and then sweet side.  
Even her b*tchiness at times. 

Favorite Performance: Songbird
and Smooth Criminal (with Sebastian)


       But I do love all the cast members! They're Superb!


          As far as the good news, that the graduates will still remain in glee, goes, another thing to look forward to in this new season is the set of new actors/actresses. 



Becca Tobin as Kitty
The new cheerios mean girl.




Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman

The guy who can sing well but has some anger management issues.
He's Noah Puckerman's half brother.


Dean Geyer as Brody Weston
NYADA junior guy who befriended Rachel.
Finn better come back. 

He reminds me of Joe Hart (played by Samuel Larse), without the dreadlocks. 


Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose
Who seems to be crowned as The New Rachel, but I would definitely say that her personality is so different from Rachel's. She's seems to be this sweet girl next door type. You could see such difference when they sang their duet. 

I think I'm going to like her in the show.
Without Santana yet, I'll be looking forward on her performances.

Oh before I forgot, she's so beautiful too!
She look's like Blake Lively of Gossip Girl.




Glee season 4 sets in with its first episode 
"The New Rachel"


             After being the National champs last season, the New Direction has become the most popular club in McKinley High and with the other members gone on their college pursuits, it's time for them to search for new members and to compete for who is going to be the new Rachel/lead vocal who most likely will get most of the solos on their performances. 

           Cassandra (Kate Hudson) was introduced as Rachel's NYADA (New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts) dance instructor who is really giving Rachel a hard time, but she does have a heart for her students, it's just that she chose to have negative reinforcement to control/teach her students. Marley on the other hand, the new girl on the block, auditioned and got a part (the only one) in the New Directions, but she is somewhat having a hard time as well, since her mother, a cook in McKinley High's cafeteria, is being bullied by the cheerios members and the other members of the New Directions. 


And many more things happened. Just watch it!


On other thoughts: Brittany (Heather Morris) never fails to make me laugh. There is this one scene...

"It's a great haircut Mercedes, I thought you graduated" 
-Brittany pertaining to Wade Adams/Unique and even after Mr. Schue introduced him! 

That was really funny! I love her innocence on different things. 


         One thing I also love about glee is that they would have guests stars for a couple of episodes. Mostly those who are in the field of music per se, but for others, Glee seems to become their official debut on music/singing since they are widely known for their acting career (Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson, Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Bomer etc.), or is it just me that's not really aware. I hope they would also have Anne Hathaway and Blake Lively, who are both real life show choir members! (Have you seen Les Miserables' trailer? Anne blew me away, I actually thought it was a lip sync. And imagine Blake with Melissa, she could be her sister). 

That's it!

I can't wait for the next episode!
Britney 2.0! Another Britney Spears Tribute Episode!

For more of glee, visit their site at Fox.com/Glee 
and watch the clips of their performances at youtube/GleeOnFox 

(I got all the pictures I used here from their site, 
oh except for Kitty's picture which is from one video clip) 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd like to know what you have to say, do leave a comment :)