The Voice!

Saturday, July 2, 2011 0 comments
       I have a new addiction this week. It's watching "The Voice". And yes I know that there is already a winner, but sadly, I only knew about this just this week (one of my RLEmates mentioned it) so that makes me, what they like to say, a loser! Though I don't really think a lot of people knew about this already (or just in our class), so let me share it with you! Another new label here: MUSIC (Boy! what am I going to do with my blog?)

       Anyway, I'm still at episode 4, since I don't really want to watch it during class days for a reason that I would want to just watch it until the very last episode which would be very devastating because I would not be able to do my requirements in school (But most of the time I still am not able to do it because I have the tendency to over sleep). Anyway again, now I have time already because I consider this night as my full rest where I can do anything I want and not think of school stuff.  Yey! 

           So about the Voice. It is a vocal competition wherein the judges (Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Cristina Aguilera) would also be the coaches of those who would be chosen in the auditions. The thing that differentiate this vocal competition to that of the others is that here, the judges would just be listening to their voice, which means judgement would be solely be based on their vocal capabilities. During the first part of this competition called the "Blind Auditions", the coaches will be seated on a rotating chair which would be turned back when a contestant comes in and starts to sing. If the judges liked the performance, they could press their button and the chair would swivel to the contestant. Another thing here is that the coaches too are in the competition of choosing the 8 members of their team. So when only one judge picks the contestant that judge will automatically be the coach of that person, on the other hand, if the contestant had really moved all the judges and make them all press their buttons, then he or she now has the power to choose among them. Hmmm, you could read more about it in their website The Voice



             This video attached here is the performance of the 4 coaches of The Voice. They did Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. I really must say that their number was just amazing that I could not get it out of my head. Their voices are just amazing.  Special mention to Cee Lo whom I really started to like because of the way he sings here. (On the other hand, I really love Maroon 5, Adam of course!, Christina Aguilera is one of my favorite singers growing up, And Blake is really handsome, he reminds me of McSteamy with a very great voice!) There was really something about their individual voices (their solo parts were just... I have no better word to say because of how truly amazing they were) that made me want to cry after hearing this! I have heard this a million times and I just can't seem to stop. 

           And it also really makes me sad thinking why didn't I have even just a part or a tiny bit of their vocal abilities, WHY?! (I really am one of those people who think that they do not have a talent! yup! that's me! really having a difficult time answering the personal profile which would include TALENTS) (Update: it was just a few minutes ago that I learned that Cee Lo is one of the duo of Gnarls Barkley, so this is actulayy his song. Another point for being a loser!)




 If you haven't heard or watched this, you're really missing a lot! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd like to know what you have to say, do leave a comment :)