Movie of the Day #3 : Safety Not Guaranteed

Friday, October 19, 2012 0 comments
Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Cast: Aubrey Plaza (Darius), Jeff (Jake Johnson), Mark Duplass (Kenneth), Karan Soni (Arnau).

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Science Fiction

The Story: revolved around how three magazine writers took up this newspaper ad on time travelling as their subject, and went on with their search for the guy who posted it. And when they finally have their story going on, little did they know that it's about their own lives being built in the write up.

WANTED:Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring you own weapons. I have only done this once before. 
SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED. 


SPOILERS!

Why I love it and why will you? 
         This is not like those mainstream movies we mostly wanted to see, not the sort of movie I'd watch in the cinemas, but definitely a movie that took my heart. It's one of those read-between-the-lines sort of movies, that if you're somewhat superficial on things, you wouldn't want to see this nor would even care to understand (I'm not being mean here). I would say that this movie is somehow in the field of movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Adjustment Bureau, Midnight in Paris,etc., which is basically a love story caught up in an absurd or nonsensical but cool idea (Sci-Fi). But then as Darius says, "There is no sense in nonsense, especially when the heat's hot". To cut things short, the message is that in our life and when we love, in this every day journey, safety is not guaranteed. Yes you would have fun and happy moments, but then, you'll also have your bumps, you'll get hurt, but it would be all worth it, in the end. Also, we are who we are, we give what we could and we must accept that for that is our weapon, we may lost them at times but there will always be someone to cover us up, to protect us. It's about taking a leap of faith together with that "one", and seizing every moment when you have the opportunity to. 

      Hmmm, what else? Ah! I did liked Aubrey as the film goes on, her expressionless hit on her lines were really funny, but then there are also moments that her eyes are just full of emotions, which really amazes me. The role of Darius is just fearless, I love that about her. Jeff's character irritated me at first but I felt for him when he was crying in the race cart. He should have stayed for Liz.


My Favorite Scenes:
    The scene with her father was really funny. 
 "Oh my God, how do I eject?!"


     The awe-inspiring Bonfire scene. It's just a sweet scene (I'm such a hopeless romantic!), him concerned with her, sang and played the zither for her. I agree, that song was really good! Also,one of the nicest things I love about leading men in movies is when they offer their jacket to a girl t. I find it really sweet. Then they kissed...



     Finale scene, and I am not pertaining to the boat part, which I really find unenthusiastic. The finale video where Kenneth said...

"To go alone or to go with a partner?
When you choose a partner, you have to have compromises and sacrifices , but it's the price you pay. 
Do I wanna follow my every whim desire as I make my way through time and space?  Absolutely. 
But at the end of the day, do I need someone when I'm doubting myself, and I'm insecure and my heart's failing me, do I need someone who, when the heat gets hot, has my back?
Darius: So do you?
Kenneth: I do."

Loved it!


Credit:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd like to know what you have to say, do leave a comment :)