Good goes to Heaven, Bad goes to Hell

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 0 comments
      I'm not here to talk about how good people go to heaven and how the bad ones go to hell and all the elaborative details of it. I would just babble if I'd rationalize philosphically about it. Anyway, I'm here to share my pain, well, my arthritic pain (the art of self-diagnosing! Just kidding, shame on me. Please don't emulate me, see a doctor!). I'd been feeling this thing lately in my right knee especially when walking too much or jogging. Just when I'm into exercising! I guess it's a way of my body to say that I badly need to lose weight and lay off my bad eating habits. The pain is actually bearable but when I step on the wrong foot, it just makes me want to curse so bad. And one challenge of having a leg injury? To navigate your way through a stairs. 

    That's what's with the title! "Good foot goes to heaven, Bad foot goes to Hell" or "Up with the good, Down with the bad". Whatever you like. It's actually one gait tip to make your way up or down the stairs much easier and with lesser pain, if you have foot or leg injury. It's very simple, when you go down the stairs, the bad foot (weaker leg) goes first (down is to hell), and when you go up the stairs the good foot (stronger leg) goes up first (up is to heaven), because you wouldn't want to bend or bear your weight to the bad foot (it's the bad foot, so don't rely on it). 

To make it more clear: Going Up 
(One step of the stairs at a time, hold on to the side rails)
Step 1: Good foot
Step 2: Align your Bad foot to the good foot (both foot should be on the same step)
Step 3: Repeat step 1 and 2 until you reached the top

Same goes for going down, just use the bad foot first. This apply only to one leg injury, well because if it's a two leg injury (serious ones), c'mon, there wouldn't be a good and a bad foot, unless the other one is not as bad as the other. There is actually a number of variations of this technique especially when using assistive devices, but this is the basic, which you can use when you have pain/injury on your foot/knee/leg.
      
     As easy as this mnemonic may sound and to memorize, you'd just realize its essence when you have tried it first hand (So go injure yourself now! Kidding!). So next time you feel something in your legs, try this technique. It's very helpful. 

source

The real culprit of my knee pain :)




And leave a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd like to know what you have to say, do leave a comment :)